Sale Pending 10/14 Swanky Old Town Scottsdale Condo

Post ads and make requests for modern homes, architects, builders, suppliers, furniture, art, design and modern accessories. Please read the Terms of Service before posting.

Moderators: PixelPixie, matthew

Sale Pending 10/14 Swanky Old Town Scottsdale Condo

Postby nichefindyours on Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Some of you were lucky enough to get a sneak peek over the last few days at our newly completed Granada Resort Condo. It was a very long summer but it’s finally done and we’re really excited with the results and sharing them with the Modern Phoenix community.

A design collaboration of the entire Niche team, we’re proud to offer the Granada Unit #9 located in the Granada Resort community in Old Town Scottsdale. This is a 2 bedroom 1 bath, approx 1000 s.f. unit. Many of you recall pics of Tiffany, my Bro Sal, & I doing a little DIY months back. We lived through coughing drywall dust, sneezing brown & black substances, & scrubbing off paint in your leg hairs for hours. That’s all behind us and the results you’ll see in these pictures:

Living Room

Kitchen

Master Bedroom:

Secondary Bedroom:

Bathroom:

Exterior Photos:

This property is a unique blend of Mid-Century style and modern day materials. Situated in what some refer to as the “Hollywood District” just a block from the newly renovated Hotel Valley Ho. The Granada community is one of 18 complexes being considered by the Scottsdale Historic Preservation Commission for historic designation. http://www.azcentral.com/community/scot ... 608Z8.html

http://www.modernphoenix.net/valleyhoshadow.htm
There are only 24 total units, all of which view on to a central courtyard and pool area.

This condo/loft has undergone a major renovation. A bright and open floor plan that is tasteful yet functional. This is the best buy in Downtown Scottsdale. You will not find a better property with this amount of detail and finish in this price range. Everything is new! Your HOA fee of $290 per month covers all of your utilities including A/C and Cable TV. This is a Great opportunity to get into a community for you or as a long term investment in a piece of Scottsdale History. Community just approved paint colors for an entire exterior re-paint/ retrofit including new flashing, trim, pool fence, etc.

Features include:

New European kitchen cabinetry (wenge color) & Eggshell Ceasarstone countertops
self closing drawers
High-end stainless appliances
Stainless steel hardware
Drop sofits removed and ceilings smoothed
Recessed lighting throughout
Vertical carbonized bamboo floors throughout
New systems including copper plumbing & electrical wiring, panel, breakers, outlets & electric dimmer switches
Pella dual pane LowE windows in bedrooms & bathroom (HOA will not allow replacement of original courtyard windows because they want to preserve the 50’s character to obtain Historic Status).
Glass interior doors & chrome hardware
Built-in wardrobes with sliding glass & aluminum doors - Ceilings raised to allow for 8' tall built-ins
Kohler plumbing fixtures including their Santa Rosa toilet & new cast iron tub much like the original 1950's style
European faucets
Glass Mosaic tile surrounds
Italian lighting from Artemide
George Nelson Bubble Lamps
With full price offer, included is a new Toshiba wall mounted Plasma TV with built-in DVD.
So much more to list!
Covered parking is included for one car – additional parking along 2nd St.

Owner/ Agent/ Designer – Niche Real Estate L.L.C.
This home is offered by Niche [find yours] and The Equitable Real Estate Company
Call us today to schedule a private showing.

Offered at $264,900

480-213-9944 - Ask for Shawn or
480-205-0705 - Ask for Tiffany

Special thanks to Tom & Karl for selling us the cool furniture!
Last edited by nichefindyours on Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Postby PixelPixie on Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:03 am

Having seen the place and knowing where Scottsdale is going with this... plus the attractive median home price for a seriously great locale and well-kept grounds....

All I can say is, well done! This condo is going to make somebody VERY happy! It must be seen to be believed!
PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby hmlauer on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:14 am

looks great!
hmlauer
Mad about Modern

Postby matthew on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:06 am

Tis a nice looking remodel! Very clean. All the details looked great to me. Totally ready to move in. Nice shower fixture too, btw.

The ramp out front left me speechless tho. I have never seen such a thing. Surely someone has broken an ankle on that at some point. I'm thinking that would not get permitted these days, right? Anyhow the Danley's place is downstairs, you don't have to go up or down the ramp to get to it. But Damn!
matthew
Board Moderator

Postby Christopher Marks on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:30 pm

Nicely done. I love all the finish choices, especially the kitchen.
Christopher Marks
Mad about Modern

Postby nichefindyours on Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:38 pm

Yeah the ramp is kinda scary! They just sprayed new elastomeric decking over it to make it non-slip but I'm glad we're on the first floor. The rock feature behind the ramp is a water fall although not in use at the moment. That will be really cool to see when it's all restored! I spoke to the on-site manager today and the exterior painting of the building should begin in early Oct. We can't wait! Supposed to look very similar to the Valley Ho.
nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Postby JC on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:22 pm

The Danleys wrote:They just sprayed new elastomeric decking

Awesome! It is useful for something in this world?

Danley's-
A few things:
1. How the hell did you get that place completed in time for your party? Who do you work for? (Goverment agency)

2. A meaningless observation: The exterior shot of the 4 palm trees shooting up in the sunlight is amazing.

3. You should make mention that for this quality of design/ square footage a few doors down would be over double the price.
You should also warn male buyers of the danger in purchasing so close to such a party bulding. You know, intoxicated young females bouncing about sporting nothing but string bikinis. It is dangerous. Who knows what you may see. That should be a disclosure on the purchase contract actually.

4. Tiff- nice friggin work on the design! Wow!
Did you max out a few credit cards? I bet Marcel owes you his first born!

Great work Danley's!
You continue to Wow us all!!

JC
JC
Is in the place to be

Postby matthew on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:35 pm

ok, newsflash!

there are no upper cabinets in the kitchen!
matthew
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:39 pm

Der, honey! Did you see how they removed the soffits? SWEET!
PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby JC on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:42 pm

Not to speak for the Danley's- but in their immediate absense I will defend...

It was a design choice-
There is a lot of cabinet space in the lower cabinets...
As for the absense of uppers- it looks so clean and simple in it's current state.

However, if the buyer neeeeds these uppers-
The Danley's could do the Black/ Brown shelving in pics 1 and 2 as a corner peice. (Open faced)

That'd be cool too....
I keep looking at these pics..... so cool!
I'll post mine soon too.
-Lots to live up to!
JC
Is in the place to be

Postby nichefindyours on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:30 pm

Great observations on the cabinets. I hate upper cabinets and for a small place the more open space the better i.m.o. Poliform, NY Loft and Ikea have great looking uppers but I didn't care for them in this space.

To clarify though, I did think long and hard about the Kitchen design... probably to the tune of 5 - 10 different revisions which is hard to do in such a small space. But, the result was 66" additional countertop space in the renovation when compared to the original floor plan. I also chose to do built-in cooktop & oven vs. slide in range although it was more than twice the cost. This would allow for a seamless linear line of Ceasarstone with no interruptions or breaks in the cabinet layout. Another trick I used is using all pull out drawers vs. cupboards. You get usable storage the entire depth of the cabinet and 3 separate storage spaces vs. a cupboard that usually has 1 single shelf dividing 2 spaces.

JC's right about upper shelving. That was my idea as well if someone really needed it.

Here's the before layout:

And the after:

You can see the difference.

Shawn
nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Postby minimum on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:42 pm

Looks great Danley's.
Did you guys install the recessed lighting or did you have someone do it? We want to put some recessed lights in a couple of spaces. Do you have the name of an electrician that might be able to help us out?
Thanks.
minimum
Enthusiast

Nice, nice

Postby minimalist on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:43 pm

Really a very tasteful minimalist look. The kitchen especially allows for some really dramatic large painting. Can't do that when you have to have room to put all your stuff away that you never use!

I especially like that someone finally used a cool color like this blue.

Could you show the outdoor patio space, if there is one?
To exist in a space devoid of extraneous decoration is to be sculpture itself.
minimalist
Less is more

Postby matthew on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:06 pm

yeah the drawers vs cabinets is a good call. cabinets suck for the most part.

and there is crazy lots of counterspace.

i thought it looked like a very functional kitchen.
matthew
Board Moderator

Postby moderndiyer on Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:58 pm

Not having upper cabinets makes it look HUGE!

I love everything about that place. It looks beautiful!

What about glasses? Where would you put those?
We used to have a sideboard that we used as a bar. Same sort of thing planned for this house but it's away from any countertop.....

Wait. Another question. If you decided to have a kitchen without upper cabinets, would you buy the upper cabinets and store them in case you wanted to sell the house? Or choose something generic so it would be easier to match later?
moderndiyer
Stark Raving Renovator

Next

Return to Marketplace