Executive Towers designed by Al Beadle, 1962

Exchange knowledge and photos of your Beadle Home, materials, suppliers, solutions, joys and special challenges of living in a Beadle.

Moderators: PixelPixie, matthew

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Executive Towers designed by Al Beadle, 1962

Postby PixelPixie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:21 am

Modern Phoenix is pleased to partner with the Executive Towers Condominium Association to bring you an insider's guide to this historic Midcentury Modern midrise in Uptown Phoenix.

Full report here:
http://www.modernphoenix.net/executivetowers.htm

Many thanks to Richard Eluardo, chair of the historical committee for access to his archive of primary sources. Further research, letters of support, inquiries from the media and primary sources to support this building's nomination to the National Register of Historic Places may be sent to 1544 West Augusta Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021 or (602)-242-4313 relardo@cox.net

Your thoughts and comments about Executive Towers are welcome in this thread as well. It is a remarkable property with rich variety in materials, spatial planning, one-of-a-kind fine art and character. Feel free to add your own photos and experiences for the record here.

~ Alison

Full report here:
http://www.modernphoenix.net/executivetowers.htm

Tabletoo
Mad about Modern

Re: Executive Towers designed by Al Beadle, 1962

Postby Tabletoo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:00 am

This is wonderful. Thanks. I'd love to see some inside shots added, of the lobby and some of the units.
- Kathy

modeddie
Mad about Modern

Postby modeddie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:25 pm

Many thanks. I love this building (one reason I get my hair cut at Swank Salon is because it's in this building). I seriously considered buying a unit here, but no north-east facing units were available during my search. Every time I bike or drive by, I smile.
Modern Eddie

VerdeVista
Junkie

Postby VerdeVista » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:32 pm

I also love this building and was seriously considering buying a small condo there back in December of 2002 (before prices went sky-high). The prices were reasonable, but the HOA monthly fees were very high and I'm sure are even higher now. I didn't know until reading your article that it was designed by Al Beadle.

Return to “Al Beadle Architecture”