Is it a Beadle?

Exchange knowledge and photos of your Beadle Home, materials, suppliers, solutions, joys and special challenges of living in a Beadle.

Moderators: PixelPixie, matthew

Is it a Beadle?

Postby osteen on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:37 am

Hey all you Beadleheads, I used to work in a building at 1045 E. McKellips Rd. in Mesa, and I have been wondering for quite a while if perhaps Mr. Beadle designed this one. If not, who did? The building is an awesome steel frame on stilts with a very distinctive and sometimes scary rope bridge leading to the entrance, an ADA nightmare. Anyway, as the story goes it housed the offices of Shill, Judd, Richards & Johnson Architects since the 60's (I worked there back in 2000- 2001). Even Bob Johnson, who was the only remaining partner when I was there, didn't know who designed it. I'll have to swing by and take some pictures... If Beadle didn't design it, well, that's ok because whoever did created (in my opinion) one of the coolest MCM buildings in the valley, worth the drive!!!! SJRJ has since closed down, I think there is some insurance company in there now. Interesting side note: Bob Johnson worked under Ralph Haver for a short time in the late 60's before joining SJRJ. When asked about the experience, he simply replied, "that guy was nuts". HA! I got a kick out of that...
osteen
Enthusiast

Return to Al Beadle Knowledgebase