White Gates Beadle residence potentially saved

Exchange knowledge and photos of your Beadle Home, materials, suppliers, solutions, joys and special challenges of living in a Beadle.

Moderators: PixelPixie, matthew

MrX
Beadlemaniac

Postby MrX » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:17 pm

j-megirl's on board. cool.
It was fun putting a few more faces to the names at the party.

I was late to the party, but I wasn't fashionably late like JC and ShawnS.

I should be able to have an idea of what the first steps for all of us will be within a week or so.

matthew
Board Moderator

Postby matthew » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:26 pm

me and oscar are in for some labor. we will bring pix's van. you in, pix?

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:36 pm

If you're bringing my van, I guess I'm in it!

j-megirl
Stark Raving Renovator

Postby j-megirl » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:00 pm

atten KING's:
i have to ask, do you blog from separate rooms in your house?
im so curious because i picture you both sharing an office and laugh when you communicate through the boards, its cute. :)

-oops, off topic, carry on...
Proj- on ' til the break of dawn!

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 pm

Matthew is usually on the couch about 8 feet away from me at the kitchen table. We are in separate rooms, theoretically speaking, but I can huck a spitwad at him.

matthew
Board Moderator

Postby matthew » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:45 pm

she could try but i would actually hit her with an afforementioned-spitwad.

Mama_Tee
Strong and Silent Type

Postby Mama_Tee » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:37 am

What a visual!

shawnS
Charter Member

Postby shawnS » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:03 am

You can count on Shawn & Dana for some volunteer work. We will be late of course. :D Hey X, There is that empty lot in PG where there was once a Beadle, worst case, we put White Gates there. You WILL need to use your helicopter :D MRX may I get a visual?

matthew
Board Moderator

Postby matthew » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:32 am

Well how the heck do you think they got it up on the mountain back in the sixties? I dug this one my scrapbook the day they installed the house. Betcha didn't know Beadle did prefab...

Bummer we did not think of this last weekend or we could have gotten Karim to help us out. His chopper is small but I think without any of the interior walls he could prolly pick it up.

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:02 am

Funniest fauxstory ever! Pink and black is so retro!

jasonasteele
MoPho Mapper

Postby jasonasteele » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:17 am

How did I completely miss this movement to fix up an oldie but goodie. I'm so in!

I'll pony up my design services (i.e. 3D modeling, construction docs, building plan review, etc.) This reminds me of when all the apprentices got together to save an old desert shelter, or remodel some derelict building on campus. I've been know to swing a hammer too ;)

MrX
Beadlemaniac

Postby MrX » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:22 pm

Update

I am going to get Kristine Woolsey and the owner talking this week.

I am going to continue my quest for photos and plans, and I will have Nancy Beadle and other family members come to the site to get their input and memories.

Jason, would you be interested in working on some ideas for a guest casita?
maybe ending up in this area at the northeast end of the lot:

Right now I am thinking that it wouldn't be proper to copy the design elements of the main house to use on the potential casita. This casita idea has some preservation/progress baggage, but lets roll with it for now.

It is looking like the carport will be reconstructed as close as possible to the original. I think everybody can get on board with that.

The casita might be incorporated into a pool area as well.

I guess the carport was over here(the black dog is not original):

MrsX is going to try to find these tiles that are used on the front of the house:

We will be looking for volunteers to install them on the front of the home. This is one of the tasks that will possibly help soothe the neighbors.

Here is a non-glamorous task for anybody interested. To make this protective wood on the back look better and more secure.

If anybody knows a good metal guy :wink: , here is a project for him. Notice that there are only two out of the three shade thingys up there. The other one is inside the house and it is rather bent up. I don't know if the thing can be saved, or if it needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

I should have taken shots of the inside, but I neglected to. It is pretty much wide open. There was a master bedroom plus two additional bedrooms.

Happy Easter.

modeddie
Mad about Modern

Postby modeddie » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:41 pm

I'm about the least handy person on the planet, but for this project I'm happy to do dull repetitive unskilled tasks Saturday mornings (after April 21) and some MWF mornings (till 11 AM or so). Perhaps even more helpfully, I could bribe a crew of my handymen for a day or two of focused labor. (For this last, I'd need to coordinate carefully; if there is any interest here in paid labor, I would need to talk to my guys about what's needed.)

I've driven to the site several times the last few years, and bought one of Jason Hill's photos of it, thinking it would be a memorial to another lost phx jewel. I'm happy to help in any way I can. Please pm with concrete suggestions.
Modern Eddie

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:46 pm

I love to landscape. And paint. And do drywall taping/mudding. Call me for any of these.

You need to start a database, yo!

Funktional Design
Stark Raving Renovator

Postby Funktional Design » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:56 am

I'll take a look at those metal screens/shades. It'll probably be easier to straighten the third one out than it would be to find or fabricate a new one.

Return to “Al Beadle Architecture”