White Gates Beadle residence potentially saved

Exchange knowledge and photos of your Beadle Home, materials, suppliers, solutions, joys and special challenges of living in a Beadle.

Moderators: PixelPixie, matthew

MrX
Beadlemaniac

Postby MrX » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:38 pm

That Project White Gates logo is awesome.

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

Thank you :-) I'm not sure if I like Project White Gates or White Gates Project better yet though. I'll have to mock the other alternative up.

Mr. X, if you want to make recruitment flyers for your project you are of course welcome to lay them out at the ModPhx table at the expo. I can also do a massmail for you after all this home tour hullabaloo is over and our list is larger as a result.

MrX
Beadlemaniac

Postby MrX » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:51 am

I am afraid that my schedule over the next couple of weeks won't allow me to put together a proper plan to execute for the expo. I am out of town for a few days, cramming for a major test, and I have family coming into town. It looks like they are going to come to the ModPhx tour, so that is cool.

The flyer thing sounds like a good idea, but for the next couple of weeks I need to let this simmer and just let the good ideas pile up here. Then I can get with the homeowner to see what blossoms.

Thanks for all the interest everyone has shown.

Jason Hill
Mad about Modern

Postby Jason Hill » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:40 am

Apparently Beadle lived here in the 50's...
Last edited by Jason Hill on Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrX
Beadlemaniac

Postby MrX » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:20 am

Now that is a great example of the kind of reference photos that will come in handy.

Jason- didn't you do some artwork that featured this house? I tried to find it on your site, but I didn't have any luck.

Jason Hill
Mad about Modern

Postby Jason Hill » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:30 am

not sure how helpful this is, but...

http://www.jasonhilldesign.com/modernoasis.8.html

This project is great news!
-J

JC
Is in the place to be

Postby JC » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:36 am

Thanks for the pic Jason-
That is much more like what it should look like today
(except wrapped in sheet metal and perforated steel with transparent acrylic slots)

(just kidding)

I like that it is suspended a bit.
The neighbors could not object to this- it is the fact that it looks like a tornado whipped through and the house flipped about 4 times and is resting on a dirt lot down the street.

Landscaping and a fresh coat of paint would help this tremendously...

tpeterson99
Junkie

Postby tpeterson99 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:53 am

There seems to be a custom home builders sign posted in front of the house. Are they planning on tearing it down and building a McMansion :(

MrX
Beadlemaniac

Postby MrX » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:33 pm

I will see what I can find out. The last I spoke with them, we were still on for preservation and progress. Progress without the preservation wouldn't be very much fun(and it wouldn't be much progress either for that matter).

MrX
Beadlemaniac

Postby MrX » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:19 pm

Okay
Update

One of the neighbors has gone ballistic with legal challenges and instigated the city to impose hefty(several thousands of dollars) fines that are applied daily if certain violations aren't taken care of by April 10th. Things like clearing debris and proper securing and boarding up of the jobsite are the immediate task.

The builder sign out front is actually the homeowner's company, so that is literally a "good sign".

I will be asking an attorney/mopho friend of mine to help ward off the ridiculous legal attacks from the neighbors.

The homeowner is also hoping to get a nice Project White Gates banner to hang out front to christen the project area.

I will be trying to locate original blueprints and photos to help in the restoration details.

I will probably go talk to the neighbors to persuade them to ease off.

meagen
Mad about Modern

Postby meagen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:09 am

Drove by this place after the Expo. We were so thrilled to see it in person - what an outstanding place with such potential. I'm with you, X, I'd like to marry it :) Hoping, hoping, hoping this gem isn't lost. Anyone seen the current interior? Is the fireplace still there? Cabinetry? Those great bathroom light fixtures?

Circa50

Postby Circa50 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:16 am

It's a shell. Nothing at all inside, not even walls.

Funktional Design
Stark Raving Renovator

Postby Funktional Design » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:45 pm

Like I said before, I am more than willing to come help on this project. Call it a labor of love. Even if my time is spent hauling off debris, or putting up boards so that the neighbors can stop finding scabs to pick at.

I just love this house. I'd be proud to say that I was able to help save it, no matter how small my contribution.

j-megirl
Stark Raving Renovator

Postby j-megirl » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:27 pm

im in! on weekends. whos applying for the permits?
stardust would be a good place to find cabinetry, doors, windows, lighting, bath fixtures( wall sinks & toilets) circa 195? unless youre going modern. mr. x , post what you need so mophos can be on the lookout for great deals, you never know what may be sitting in the next alley over. (or in my own garage).

it was great meeting you and mrs. x last night at the party.....
jc, where the hell were you ?
Proj- on ' til the break of dawn!

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:43 pm

JC showed up fashoinably late. thanks for the great party turnout, guys!

Return to “Al Beadle Architecture”