Haver for sale -- Rancho Ventura / Rancho Vista

Post ads and make requests for modern homes, architects, builders, suppliers, furniture, art, design and modern accessories. Please read the Terms of Service before posting.

Moderators: PixelPixie, matthew

Postby L3Goullon on Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:58 pm

I'm just not seeing anything in that area that really drives furture growth... Downtown, there the new emphasis on regrowth of the city scene, plus I love the arts district tahts booming right now. At 44th and McDowell, theres not much really making that area thrive... Thats why I'm more hesitant. I had decided in the past that the Rancho Ventura/Vista Neighborhood wasn't for me, because of that reason, not because its a little "sketchy". But I do see a price that a I like, and one that keeps it a possibility...

We'll see, if I miss my chance I can live with that.
Irie.
Bon Vie, Good Life.
L3Goullon
Mad about Modern

Postby Circa50 on Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:42 pm

Dude, you really should stop replying to postings. You're never going to buy anything. Everything in Scottsdale/Phoenix is driving growth. If Trump was building across the street, it wouldn't be going for $245. :lol:
Last edited by Circa50 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Circa50

Postby L3Goullon on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:28 pm

Do you have a problem with my posts circa?
Irie.
Bon Vie, Good Life.
L3Goullon
Mad about Modern

Peace brothers!

Postby hectoracuna on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:53 pm

Now, now lads.

I dig what you're saying Irie. Your description sounds ideal. If you can wait for that scenario to manifest itself, than more power to you.

Here's my hope. I hope that soon I can ride my bike over to the "metro" or monorail then ride that sucker to downtown or Tempe, lounge at my favorite café, put in a few hours at my downtown studio, then maybe grab a chicken shwarma at my fave eatery. A couple more hours at the studio, then pack up the lap-top, off to the metro and head back to the old Haver. Kiss the 'ol lady, a glass of vino, maybe work on the old table I've been refinishing. Dinner, The Daily Show....

We all have an ideal. Good luck with yours. Keep on posting. It's all good.
hectoracuna
Ranchofarian

Postby L3Goullon on Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:56 pm

Thanks man... I have an appointment to see it tommorrow, than I will make a decision..

Circa, I'm actually interested in seeing your place now, would love to get an idea of the condo... check your listing...
Irie.
Bon Vie, Good Life.
L3Goullon
Mad about Modern

Postby PixelPixie on Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:49 am

All I can say is I hope somebody jumps on this one. With exposure like that there's a swell chance to become not just an anchor but a virtual beacon for the community.

The lines on the front of that baby are so clean. Put a single long planter running horizontally out front, refurbish that gate with something more graphic, punch some skylights in that dark overhang on the left and you've got modern gold.
PixelPixie
Board Moderator

The gates to modern gold

Postby hectoracuna on Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:52 am

I have a feeling it will go quickly at that price.

I kind of like the original gates around the 'hood. Simple geometric designs. See here:

http://www.maniaverse.com/modhome/hood.html

Ours was missing so I'm thinking of having a new one made, with these styles as a guide. But with our own twist.

--H
hectoracuna
Ranchofarian

Postby Circa50 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:55 am

Great pics Hector, thanks! :D
Circa50

Postby Circa50 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:58 am

Last edited by Circa50 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Circa50

Postby L3Goullon on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:20 am

I agree with ya hector, the original gates are very cool. I almost like the open look better myself though. Just me, i guess...

Thanks circa, I e-mailed ya back...
Irie.
Bon Vie, Good Life.
L3Goullon
Mad about Modern

Postby alex on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:40 am

yo hector, our gate is missing too, so if you have yours made, let me know who you use (vice versa if we do ours before you get around to it). thanks man.
alex(is)
alex
Ranchofarian

Postby PixelPixie on Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:41 pm

Yeah, Hector, great gate shots! That's exactly what I was talking about, I prefer the open-grill squares and circles. That page is SO not boring. I will link to it from our own page or if you send me higher res photos I will include them both in the Rancho section and also in the fencing essay.
PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby L3Goullon on Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:31 pm

I checked out the property today, and I have just realized, that those particular havers, just arn't the ones for me. I dont have the same feel, in them as I do in the rest of the Haver floorplans. This of corse are my personal thoughts. I do believe that someone could do somehting very cool with this place. The house is in great condition, to go in and really make it the type of home you might want. The owner hasn't gone in and added additions, that people don't want in it, and the overall appeal of the place looks well kept. Its original, simple, and clean. The interior of the place could be fantastic with a little work, and the same goes for the exterior of the home. I just don't get the greatest feel for movement throughout the home, for my personal needs, however if someone were to go in and feel confortable in that place, they could make it SO cool! But I would hurry too, today just in the time I was there. 3 tours went through it (including myself).

Just giving you all my personal thoughts on the place. Good luck Hector and Alex, I hope they find a good enthusiastic neighbor for ya!
Irie.
Bon Vie, Good Life.
L3Goullon
Mad about Modern

Postby alex on Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:11 am

the big chief print shop (or whatever it's called) at about 41st and almeria, right across the street from this house, just went up for sale. let's all buy it and make it a super cool something (coffee house? record store? clothing store? )!!!!
alex(is)
alex
Ranchofarian

I got the coffee!

Postby hectoracuna on Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:33 am

I could use some studio space. I'd love to get in there and check the place out. Looks pretty big, I bet it could be divided into several spaces for a variety of artful endeavors. As for coffee, the in-laws own a coffee biz in Florida and Lisa and I have been trying to figure a way to move a branch to The Valley.
You can find their web site here: http://www.artandbeans.com
The link is on the top-right side under MMSI ESPRESSO. Specializing in Italian coffee and European coffee machines.
hectoracuna
Ranchofarian

PreviousNext

Return to Marketplace