Sometimes it hurts a little.

Exchange knowledge and photos of your Haver Home, materials, suppliers, solutions, joys and special challenges of living in a Haver.

Moderators: PixelPixie, matthew

Sometimes it hurts a little.

Postby hectoracuna on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:35 am

This is the reason for a modern lover to buy these Havers. I know a home owner is free to do virtually anything to their home (in this hood), but it hurst a little.

Just a little. :cry:
hectoracuna
Ranchofarian

Postby Funktional Design on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:42 am

Why the hell would they square off the sloped front windows and then install sloped windows in the addition?
Funktional Design
Stark Raving Renovator

Postby JC on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:14 am

I'm going to find that home and hang myself from the main beam. That should send them a message.
Tell everyone I loved them!
JC
Is in the place to be

Postby Circa50 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:20 am

Why would someone do that? They should be killed.
Circa50

Poke the little 'ol lady!

Postby hectoracuna on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:30 am

Hey, hey, easy guys, she's a little ol' lady. I might suggest poking her with a pencil first.
Last edited by hectoracuna on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
hectoracuna
Ranchofarian

Postby Circa50 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am

Round up all the ferel cats and give them to her. But she may be the source of your ferel cat problem.
Mmmmmmm. Yep that's it she's cloning them and releasing them into the neighborhood.

She's a witch, BURN HER!

ImageImageImageImage
Circa50

stucco

Postby wilbur on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:23 pm

wait till she gets it stuccoed ugh... that will hurt even more..
wilbur
Enthusiast

Postby Fifilynn on Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:26 pm

I drove by that house the other day...kinda surprising. I thought the daughter of the woman who sold across the street lived there and had been in the house for years. Did she sell it? Get tired of living in an amazing house?

I think my car instinctually stepped on the brakes for me when I saw that house the other day...my neck still kinda hurts. :cry:
Search our site for mid-century modern (Haver, Beadle, Allied, etc) & historic homes.

Twins & Co. Realty
Jennifer Hibbard, P.C.
OWNER, ABR, CDPE, ECO BROKER, GRI, SFR, B.S. MARKETING
http://www.TwinsAndCompany.com
Jennifer@TwinsAndCompany.com
Fifilynn
Preferred Realtor

Location: Village Grove in Scottsdale, AZ (avatar photo is my home in SoSco)

Postby weeksie on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:22 am

They won't be doing stucco...the vinyl siding has already been installed. Same deal as the house across the street...not ideal, but not stucco.

I am trying to remain optimistic--there's still hope that they will install windows above the new sliders...when I saw the plywood go up, I crossed my fingers that it was to close the openings while awaiting their special order windows.
weeksie
Brand Spankin' New

Why?

Postby mdeoro on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:58 am

The reason somebody would do that is probably because they did it years ago to their other Haver - the one fifilynn mentioned, across the street - and that one sold recently for $295K, the highest in the neigborhood yet! The extra square footage brings more money, & not every one appreciates Havers for what they are.

And by the way, it's the other way around on the ownership: the daughter lived across the street in the one that sold, the mother lives in this one. Apparently the mother did not want to move so daughter had to sell & go across the street & now remodel that house. Great pockets doors inside though, all throughout the house!

Yes, once again, modern lovers should buy these Havers. Best deal around.

Mercedes de Oro
Specializing in Rancho Ventura/Vista Haver Homes
602-778-9170
mdeoro
Preferred Realtor

Postby hectoracuna on Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:46 pm

I hope WEEKSIE is correct, and she may be. Upon close inspection the plywood above the windows is loosly fit and cheap compared to the plywood siding on the addition side. She may be waiting for custom windows to fit above. Perhaps the lower portions will allow her to open them. Keep your fingers crossed that it's not as bad as we're speculating.

John the new owner over on Almeira street has had alot of activity at his place, I'm curious as to the progress. Last we spoke (e-mail) he'd replaced the plumbing. Visually he's removed some of the ragged old vegetation in front.
hectoracuna
Ranchofarian

Postby alex on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:44 am

i live down the street so i have to drive by this damn house every day and when the first slider went in at the bathroom (i was thinking that was the only one going in and i still had a heart attack) i literally slammed on my brakes in front of the house and exclaimed "OH MY GOD!" to the two guys that were standing in front of it. they just looked at me like i was a loon. i came home drenched in sweat, pale and shaking, and brought it up as the topic for discussion at the family meeting. we all went down there with masks, swords, rakes, torches and shovels, but no one was home. i'm really really hoping for the custom windows. if nothing but solid material goes in above those sliders, i'm torching the place (jc, would you like your body to be removed beforehand or would you like to become part of the collective ashes?). it will be better to burn it down than let it live in sin.

anyone read the fountainhead? then you'll know what i'm talking about. it hurts way more than a little. sacrilege. complete sacrilege. sob.
alex(is)
alex
Ranchofarian

Postby JC on Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:35 pm

I want my body stuccoed and set in the front lawn.
JC
Is in the place to be

Postby modernlover on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:55 pm

The New JC
modernlover
The Oracle

Windows to the modern soul

Postby hectoracuna on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:33 am

Well, sounds like Weeksie was on target with the windows.

However now that place across the street has gone nuts and did this!!!

hectoracuna
Ranchofarian

Next

Return to Ralph Haver Knowledgebase