HAVER IN WINDEMERE-TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK...

Post ads and make requests for modern homes, architects, builders, suppliers, furniture, art, design and modern accessories. Please read the Terms of Service before posting.

Moderators: PixelPixie, matthew

ChristieLee
Preferred Realtor

HAVER IN WINDEMERE-TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK...

Postby ChristieLee » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:52 pm

HI ALL,

:shock:

JENNY AND I HAVE DECLINED AN INVITATION TO CONTINUE MARKETING THE HAVER HOME AT 4027 N. 45TH PLACE (YOU REMEMBER IT RIGHT? ) IN WINDEMERE. THE OWNER REALLY, REALLY WANTED TO RAISE THE PRICE OF THE LISTING. YES, RAISE :shock: THE PRICE! TO DO THAT IN A MARKET THAT IS COOLING A BIT AND WITH PRICE REDUCTIONS ALL AROUND US, JUST SEEMED A BIT TROUBLING, ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE FEEDBACK WE GOT FROM SHOWINGS ON THE HOME.

WE WERE PUSHING THE MARKET A BIT AT $470,000. SINCE WE HAVE THE LAST TWO SOLD PROPERTIES IN WINDEMERE, WE FELT WE WERE REALLY GOING TO BE DOING THE OWNER A DIS-SERVICE BY AGREEING TO RAISE THE PRICE.

WE RECIEVED AN OFFER ON THE PROPERTY WHICH THE OWNER REJECTED VERY EARLY IN OUR MARKETING. WE FELT THE OFFER WAS VERY REASONABLE AND CAME IN JUST WHERE WE THOUGHT IT WOULD.

NOW THE OWNER HAS RELISTED THE PROPERTY AT $495,000. HE HAD TOLD US HE WANTED TO RELIST IT AT $535,000! WE DON'T KNOW WHO TOLD HIM HE WOULD BE ABLE TO GET THAT MUCH MORE! WE WISH THE OWNER AND HIS NEW AGENT LUCK! I REALLY HOPE FOR ALL OF THE WINDEMERE RESIDENTS THEY GET IT :D

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS????
Last edited by ChristieLee on Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.TheRealEstateTwins.com
Christie Lee Kinchen, Associate Broker, REALTOR, ABR, CRS, GRI
RE/MAX 2000

arrow
Mad about Modern

Postby arrow » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:06 pm

Perhaps Santa's reindeer told him to raise the price...they don't want the graves of the fellow deer disturbed by new owners!!

That's insane!

bmw330zhp
Enthusiast

Postby bmw330zhp » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:23 pm

I would say given the location along Thomas, some of the square footage seems to be "a bad add-on", and the the fact the place needs to be gutted they should have been estatic with anything close to 470K. I quite frankly think given the location and condition it is not worth what you sold the one recently for on 45th ST. Sure it has more square footage but its not original, and not a good location.

RossandShirley
Mad about Modern

Postby RossandShirley » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:32 pm

There must be $200,000.00 hidden in that one!! :D

RossandShirley
Mad about Modern

Postby RossandShirley » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:37 pm

You know.... I was thinking.......you should have taken the listing with a 2.5 year lisitng agreement. That may be enough time for the market to catch his price. Good for you guys for not taking the lisitng. It will be fun to watch.

Circa50

Postby Circa50 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:44 pm

Last edited by Circa50 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RossandShirley
Mad about Modern

Postby RossandShirley » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:04 pm

David,

you think I'm kidding about the treasure in Village Grove but just ask Jenny about the priceless ring we found in the front yard of the modern Allied and that will make you a believer!! I wonder if she got it appraised yet. She should post a photo of that precious rock it's very modern! :D

Ross

christopher joseph
Enthusiast

animal house in the haverhood!!!

Postby christopher joseph » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:27 pm

[Considering I just purchased in Windemere and felt fortunate to spend "all the money" on a home that I truly love and will collect... we were at the peak of the market then, it didn't matter what I paid cause I am not selling my home so that I can retire on the profit. As you can see, this gentleman has lived there a long time and feels he should also get "all the money" for the "animal house" in the Haverhood! It doesn't make him a bad guy...but Jen you would look like a bad realtor had you gone along with his plan...
remember...pigs get fat, and HOGS get slaughtered!

nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Postby nichefindyours » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:16 pm

Please take no offense to this post. As a long-term member of this board and a licensed real estate agent for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage and a Director of a local Architecture firm I wish to make the following opinion. My name is Shawn Danley and most of you know Tiffany & me. I am just appalled that a public forum of this size is being use to disgrace a property and former client of another licensed agent. Sure this is a tough property, another reason why we never had the desire to go after this listing. As a Windemere resident, I would love to feel some of the appreciation when this property sells. But, some of the members of this board need to understand a few things. We live in a nation of free enterprise. If our good buddy Pete who has lived here more than many of the members of this board are of age, thinks that his property is worth 500K then more power to him. No it’s not a desirable property to 99% of the members of this board in its current state. It just makes me hot that the owner of this property is being ridiculed on these boards most definitely without his knowledge. Sure many of you think that The Twins are good agents. Tiffany has worked together with them on several transactions herself. But this property was never meant to be marketed as a “Modern Property”. Its location alone has strong roots as a commercial property and as the new listing has popped up (by another Coldwell Banker agent) it is being addressed as such. There is not much Haver left with this home. It would take a lot of work to bring it back. But Pete has been here and seen a lot in this neighborhood. I know that when we went to look at it, he told us stories of how he used to be the neighborhood “Sheriff”. He was the major force that brought daily security patrols from Arcadia High School after years of loitering and trash dispersed through these few streets. He told a story of how he went into the principal’s office with bags of garbage and spread them all over he desk in front of a parent/ teacher conference! He’s a good guy who wants what everyone else in this crazy market wants…$$$. Pete has been a resident for some 25 – 30 years and deserves a little credit. He's not the first, nor will he be the last person to push the market. For anyone that’s familiar with Windemere, we’ve struggled with properties along Indian School the most. We’ve got a Multi-unit complex, an attached guest house as a second story addition, and in this case an auto shop. But, none of the above was ever a deciding factor of why I purchased here. Would I like to see some improvements to these properties?... Sure. I just don’t think that using this forum with over 400 registered members to bring a bad stigma to a property is any way to promote community and modernism. I wish the new agent Mr. Zimner and my neighbor Pete all the best in bringing the right buyer for this property. The great thing about this country is freedom of speech… as long as it’s not abused in a way that hurts another fellow man… I welcome any response.

Sincerely,

Shawn P.Danley
sdanley@cox.net

Circa50

Postby Circa50 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:43 pm

Last edited by Circa50 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Postby nichefindyours » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:04 pm

ChristieLee
Preferred Realtor

Postby ChristieLee » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:42 am

SHAWN, WE UNDERSTAND YOUR PASSION ABOUT THIS AND THAT’S WHAT MAKES ALL US OF SUCH GREAT REALTORS IN THIS NICHE. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THIS POST IS DIRECTED AT US AND IS BEGGING FOR A RESPONSE :D WE CERTIANLY APPRECIATE YOUR OPINIONS AND INSIGHT; IT’S WHAT MAKES THESE BOARDS THRIVE! YOU DO BRING UP SOME GREAT POINTS, HOWEVER I DISAGREE WITH YOU ON SOME.

I DON’T THINK ANYONE WAS “ATTACKING” THE OWNER. JENNY AND I HAPPEN TO THINK VERY HIGHLY OF THE OWNER AND THINK HE IS A TERRIFIC GUY! WE WERE SAD TO THINK WE WOULD NOT BE WORKING WITH HIM ANYMORE. JUST REMEMBER WE TURNED HIM DOWN AND SUGGESTED HE HIRE SOMEONE ELSE. WE JUST DIDN’T WANT TO LET HIM DOWN BY LEADING HIM ON TO BELIEVE HE COULD ATTAIN SUCH A PRICE. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE SAYING “WE’D RATHER TURN YOU DOWN THAN LET YOU DOWN.” IT WAS ONE OF THOSE TYPES OF SITUATIONS. WE THOUGHT IT THROUGH VERY WELL. OUR MAIN CAREER OBJECTIVE IS TO PROTECT AND PROMOTE THE INTERESTS OF THE CLIENT AS WELL AS BE HONEST AND NOT SET UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS. ANY OTHER AGENT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE “STUCK IT OUT”, AND WENT ALONG WITH THE INCREASE.

WE WOULD NEVER “ATTACK” THE OWNER OR HIS NEW AGENT. IF YOU RE-READ MY POST, I STATE THAT I WISH THEM (OWNER AND NEW AGENT) AND ALL THE WINDEMERE RESIDENTS THE BEST OF LUCK! WE HOPE IT DOES SELL AT THAT PRICE! IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO THE OWNER AS WELL AS MAKE SOME OF THE OTHER OWNERS IN WINDEMERE PRETTY HAPPY!

WE KNOW IT’S A FREE COUNTRY. ONE THING MESSAGE BOARDS DON’T CONVEY IS MOOD AND TONE. EVERYONE THAT KNOWS JENNY AND I KNOW THAT THERE WAS NO MALICIOUS INTENT. WE DIDN’T ASK MEMBERS TO POST THE THINGS THEY DID.

THE REASON I MADE THIS POST IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS TO LET THE MODERN COMMUNITY KNOW THAT WE WERE NO LONGER GOING TO BE MARKETING THE PROPERTY AND THAT THERE HAD BEEN A PRICE INCREASE.

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU THINK THAT WE MARKETED THE PROPERTY AS TOO “MODERN”. Shawn, you stated,” But this property was never meant to be marketed as a “Modern Property”. Its location alone has strong roots as a commercial property and as the new listing has popped up (by another Coldwell Banker agent) it is being addressed as such. There is not much Haver left with this home. It would take a lot of work to bring it back.” JUST BECAUSE THIS PROPERTY IS NOT A CONTEMPORARY REMODEL OF A MID-CENTURY MODERN HOME, DOESN’T MEAN THE ARCHITECTURE IS LESS MARKETABLE. IF YOU TAKE AWAY THE ARCHITECTURAL SIGNIFICANCE OF THE HOMES IN WINDEMERE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BUY A HOUSE A COUPLE STREETS DOWN FOR 60-70K LESS. THE #1 REASON PEOPLE END UP PURCHASING IN WINDEMERE IS THAT THE PROPERTIES ARE UNIQUE, WETHER OR NOT THE OWNERS UNDERSTOOD WHO THE ARCHITECT WAS. KNOWING THAT THE UNIQUENESS OF HOMES FETCHS THE MOST MONEY, ESPECIALLY WITH HYPE OF THE MODERN MARKET, WHY ON EARTH WOULD WE NOT MARKET THAT? PART OF OUR MARKETING WAS TO THE BUYERS WHO WOULD CONVERT THIS PROPERTY BACK TO IT’S ORIGINAL CONDITION. ISN’T THAT THE GOAL OF THIS COMMUNITY?

WE KNEW IT WASN’T IN THE SELLER’S BEST INTEREST TO CONTINUE ON AT THE NEW PRICE. SOME AGENTS ARE JUST OUT FOR A COMMISSION. WHILE THAT IS THE NICE PART OF THE LINE OF WORK, IT DOESN’T END THERE. IT’S NOT ABOUT WHAT WE’RE GOING TO DO; IT’S ABOUT WHAT WE’VE DONE. WE HAVE A SOLID REPUTATION AS BEING FAIR, ETHICAL, HONEST AND PROFESSIONAL.

WE’VE BEEN IN THIS MARKET OUR WHOLE LIVES, WITH FOUR GENERATIONS OF OUR FAMILY BEING IN ARIZONA REAL ESTATE. JENNY AND I HAVE BEEN A TEAM FOR OVER 26 YEARS :lol: THIS INDUSTRY IS OUR WHOLE LIFE-YOU ONLY GET ONE REPUTATION! (I edited out some stuff people thought was too salesy, maybe it was :wink: )

TO EACH HIS OWN. YOU COULD GIVE A LISTING TO 10 DIFFERENT AGENTS, AND YOU WOULD SEE CERTAIN THINGS HIGHLIGHTED MORE THAN OTHERS, THAT’S THE BEAUTY OF MARKETING AND PERCIEVED VALUE. WE HOPE THE APPROACH AS A “COMMERCIAL” PROPERTY WORKS OUT FOR THE NEW AGENT, BUT THAT’S NOT THE MARKETING APPROACH THAT WILL GET HIM THE SAME PRICES OTHER WINDEMERE OWNERS HAVE GOTTEN BEFORE HIM. IT’S NOT HIGHEST AND BEST USE THAT WOULD FETCH THE MOST MONEY. THAT’S NOT MARKETING IT TO THE PEOPLE WHO SEE THE TRUE VALUE IN WINDEMERE. WE WERE MERELY GOING OFF OF THE PURE RENOVATION POTENTIAL. THE OFFER WE GOT WAS FROM SOMEONE WHO WAS GOING TO RENOVATE IT! AS WE HAVE THE LAST TWO, AND HIGHEST SALES IN THERE, WE KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR…AND THE HAVER NAME AND MODERN DESIGN GIVES THE HEFTY PRICE TAG.

THE OWNER HAS BEEN THERE FOR OVER 29 YEARS AND WE KNOW ALL THE STORIES ABOUT HOW HE HAS TRANSFORMED THE NEIGHBORHOOD. HE TRULY HAS HELPED THE COMMUNITY AND IS A GEM OF A HUMAN BEING.

SHAWN AND TIFFANY-YOU GUYS HAVE ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HAVERS WE’VE SEEN AND WE APPRECIATE YOUR PASSION AND CONCERN FOR THIS PROPERTY. I THINK MAYBE YOU TOOK THIS POST A LITTLE TOO PERSONALLY. THE PROPERTY WILL NOT BE STIGMATIZED. THE PROPERTY IS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY AND WE HOPE IT LANDS IN THE RIGHT HANDS FOR EVERYONE’S SAKEJ

SHAWN, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SITE, LOTTA LIVING? THEY ARE MUCH MORE BRUTAL THAN THE MEMBERS HERE! :shock:

SINCE OUR EARLY DAYS LURKING ON THIS PAGE WE HAVE BEEN RESPONSIBLE FOR MANY OF THE NEW MEMBERS OF THIS SITE. WE ARE HUGE SUPPORTERS OF THIS MOVEMENT. AND, AS PAINFUL AS SOME RESPONSES MAY BE, THEY ARE WHAT DRIVE A COMMUNITY AS PROFOUND AS MODERN PHOENIX. THIS BRINGS UP A GOOD QUESTION-HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS SITE? WE ARE GOING TO POST A THREAD IN THE GENERAL SECTION ASKING THIS QUESTION SO CHECK IT OUT!

WE HOPE THIS THREAD DOESN’T DIE BECAUSE OF THESE LONG-WINDED RESPONSES. OUR OPINION IS THAT HONESTY AND INTEGRITY IS WHAT MATTERS MOST. WITHOUT IT YOU’VE GOT NOTHING! WE STAND UP FOR WHAT WE BELIEVE IN AND WE KNOW YOU ALL DO TOO. IT’S WHAT MAKES THIS SUCH A GREAT COMMUNITY!

NOW THAT WE HAVE RESPONDED TO SHAWN, WE INVITE THE REST OF THIS COMMUNITY TO CHIME IN :)
Last edited by ChristieLee on Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.TheRealEstateTwins.com

Christie Lee Kinchen, Associate Broker, REALTOR, ABR, CRS, GRI

RE/MAX 2000

Circa50

Postby Circa50 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:35 am

Last edited by Circa50 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hectoracuna
Ranchofarian

My Haver's worth a million!

Postby hectoracuna » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:38 am

It's his place. He can ask a million.

Reading is easy, while writing is intimidating. It’s tough to take criticism.

This is a good forum, moderators seem like fine individuals and I haven’t come across a post that has stepped over the line. I too encourage more participation and response.

Million going one.. million going twice…

--H

bmw330zhp
Enthusiast

Postby bmw330zhp » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:55 am

Shawn,

I read through the posts again a couple of times and up to your post I simply do not see where anyone was attacking the owner. I stated that I personally think the place is a dump but thats my personal opinion. I could however care less if someone else loves it and thinks its worth every penny....more power to them.

Return to “Marketplace”