Looking for A Haver House!!!

Post ads and make requests for modern homes, architects, builders, suppliers, furniture, art, design and modern accessories. Please read the Terms of Service before posting.

Moderators: PixelPixie, matthew

nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Looking for A Haver House!!!

Postby nichefindyours » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:10 pm

I really like Windemere and have been looking for the last few weeks. I know about the two that were on the market but both have multiple offers. Anyone know of any available? Feel free to e-mail me. Not afraid of work.

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:57 am

I know you're looking in Windemere but how about this house...

http://www.azcentral.com/rre/hbchome.php?mls=2194257

...in Starlite Vista (http://modernphoenix.net/15glenn.htm)

The location is not the best because it's not facing another row of Havers, but that whole neighbrohood is nice! Glenn, Palmaire, and Myrtle just east of 15th Avenue north of Glendale.

nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Postby nichefindyours » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:38 pm

Thanks Pixie! My wife is actually a realtor and we saw it last weekend. It has potential but needs a complete overhaul including ripping out the drywall... I think that it's been smoked in :( I will keep looking though.

matthew
Board Moderator

Postby matthew » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:31 pm

Shawn - What is your opinion (Tiffany's too) of this neighborhood? I personally love the location. 15th Avenue is one of those quiet, beautiful streets in Phoenix that I have always enjoyed driving down. Does that seem weird to like driving on particular streets? I have the same feeling about 12th street and also Osborn Road.

Anyhow, back to "Starlight Vista". This neighborhood feels very unmolested and raw to me. Only a couple of the houses have been stuccoed and I don't think this neighborhood has the reputation of Windmere or Marlin Grove yet, so prices seem maybe a little lower. I wish we had jumped on the tan one at the end of Glenn when it was up for sale last summer...

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:20 pm

Yeah, that Starlite house had just the right amount of Ugly Factor going on. The folks on the backside of that house along Palmaire are doing some interesting things -- and can't wait to see what goes on with the blue-and-white home with the pryamid-y mailbox alcove out front.

nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Postby nichefindyours » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:23 am

You know... my opinion of that n-hood off 15th is mixed omotions. I think Tiffany would agree. There are some really nice homes on the block to the South of Myrtle... but where the street narrows to the west it gets a little less desireable. We also viewed the house that is on the market at 1137 E. Northview... It also has potential but they were asking around 275K. It does have a pool and is around 1884 s.f. Has a poor porch element on the front of the house that I would tear off. If anyone is interested in seeing any of these Haver homes, feel free to shoot me an e-mail. My wife & I are almost out looking every weekend and would love the company. We are trying to meet some of the folks that live in the neighborhoods as well as those that are just looking at the modern architecture. We are probably going out tomorrow and Monday.

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:14 am

http://armlslistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBuyFul/PrtBuyFul.asp?prp=RES&MlsNumList=2177836

Niiiiiicccceee. We passed by this one when we first discovered Northwood, and it's STILL on the market. And yeah, that price is probably only worth it if you have kids schooling in the district.

Cute, but with all that wall out front you'd have to tear it down to open it up again as a haver in some semi-porous way.

nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

We found one!!!

Postby nichefindyours » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:06 pm

Thanks for all the help! My wife and I just got an accepted offer on a Haver in Windemere! We're so excited! If any of you live in Windemere off 45th & Indian School, feel free to e-mail me. We would love to get to know our new neighbors.

PixelPixie
Board Moderator

Postby PixelPixie » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:07 pm

That is so righteous, Shawn and Tiffany. Congratulations!

I like how you've already updated your location in your profile! :-D Very future forward!

jklabar
Junkie

Postby jklabar » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:28 pm

Congrats, Shawn! My husband and I have religiously been keeping watch in Windemere as well -- curious...which one?

nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Postby nichefindyours » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:14 pm

45th Place with the tile roof. I would be happy to go into detail once we've closed on the property as we're in escrow at this time.

jklabar
Junkie

Postby jklabar » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:23 pm

wow -- 4016? that one is a beauty...the concrete floors are absolutely gorgeous! congrats again!

nichefindyours
Preferred Realtor

Postby nichefindyours » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:11 pm

Not quite sure what happened to 4010 N. 45th St though. It just disappeared from M.L.S. I know that it was under contract a few times. Maybe it went through a very quick close...or, the seller decided not to sell? Anyone know? We really like that house as well but was already gone we when we looked at it.

jklabar
Junkie

Postby jklabar » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:34 am

our realtor mentioned that one but never really elaborated on what happened. we never viewed it, but she said it was a great house.

Return to “Marketplace”