2131 E Thomas Rd.
View Map and Tour
The Creighton Church is Ralph Haver's earliest and only solo attempt at church design.
Built in 1947 it is a strange colllision between early Haver-home styling and classic roadside Googie architecture.
A similar sweepint roof and steeple would be used on Orangewood Presbyterian Church in 1960, for which Ralph Haver and Associates did preliminary site work.
Large butresses support the six corners of the sweeping roofline. An early example of using fenestrated block (and in this case slump block) screens the electrical area
©2009 Alison King, All Rights Reserved
Photography by Alison King ©2008